Or,we were experiencing spring-like conditions. It was getting very exciting, as it looked like we’d be able to start hiking peaks in late April.

But it’s snowed 3 feet in the last 4 or 5 days,  so it looks like hiking will be delayed until sometime in May like it usually is.

I am getting so excited. I sit there doing tax returns and think about which high point we should do first. And about the preparations still needed. We’ve told several friends about our goal, and a couple will probably join us for various peaks when schedules allow.

In order to document our adventures to the level we want, we need a new camera. The book High In Utah is also high on the list.

Other things we’d like include trekking poles, hiking boots, various topo maps, and a water filter kit. I also would like a new CamelBak somewhere in the 1500 – 2000 cubic inches range, but that’s very low on the list.

Tax season is almost over. Preparations for high pointing resume!

Comments are closed.